riverOcean is a largely voluntary, non-profit environmental organisation, specialising in water. riverOcean is made up of three areas - research, education, and communication - working together for positive change.
riverOcean is based in Brighton, on the south coast of England, and while most of our work is directed locally, many projects make use of regional, national and international links with others.
riverOcean 's work acknowledges the responsibility we as human beings have to each other and our water environment. Our 'motto', 'We All Live Downstream' emphasizes this collective responsibility and interdependency, and highlights the links between river and marine ecosystems.
- To facilitate learning, increase awareness of all aspects of
the water environment, and promote a holistic understanding of
- To make links between, and build partnerships with, other organisations
and individuals working for positive environmental (including
- To make our work accessible and relevant to all members of
the community (including people of colour, 'older' people, and
people w/ learning difficulties &/or physical disabilities).
- To make links between disciplines, both within and between the
arts & sciences.
- To gather, and make available, accessible information.
113 Queens Road
Telephone 0845 2416894
Registered charity number 1079510 Registered company number 3846346meet the team